Sunday, June 12, 2011

Curriculum Project Idea

For my curriculum integration project I tried to look at the standards, I had all of these ideas but I didn’t think that I could get a good unit out of and hit a significant amount of METS-S standards. 

I am looking at doing a unit that involves technology operations and concepts, communication and collaboration and include digital citizenship. I wanted to find a website like yahoo kids but they only offer it in Korean and Japanese.  So I have to do more research before I include that into the lesson. But students will be given the opportunity to explore websites in the target language and are responsible for writing down what they find.  I am not sure if I want it to be a webquest format because I don't have a task for the lesson.  Students will also be responsible for using an online dictionary. I was thinking of creating a lesson for online translators to show how unreliable they can be.

I still have some figuring out to do but I'm close to finalizing what I want  to do with time to change anything that does not work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment